Family Practice/ Sports Medicine/Internal Medicine
• Family Medicine/Primary Care
• General Physical Examinations
• Sports related injuries/Surfing Medicine
• Osteopathic Manipulation
• Neck and back problems
• Shoulder, Hip and Knee Injuries
• Minor surgery
• Preventative and Travel Medicine
• High Blood Pressure and Diabetes Care
• Anemia and blood disorders
• High cholesterol
• Liver and gallbladder disease
• Heart and Lung disease
• Smoking cessation
• Digestion problems, constipation, ulcers, etc.
• Ears, eyes, nose and throat, sinus problems
• Kidney and bladder problems
• Obesity, Weight gain, Weight loss, and poor appetite
• Dermatologic Skin conditions, acne, rash, warts, etc.
• Infection and Allergies
• Headache and Fatigue
• Emotional distress, depression, stress, anxiety
• Teenage consultation
• School and sports physicals
• Newborn and well baby exams
• Behavioral problems
Kaena Kai Clinic participates with all major Hawaii Medical insurance, including HMSA, HMAA, Medicare, Medicaid, Aloha Care, Blue Cross Blue Shield, University Health Alliance, Tricare and Kaiser Added Choice. Mainland insurance may also be cover your services, but fees may need to be collected at the time of service, and then reimbursed to you by your insurance company. Worker's Compensation and No Fault Insurance is also accepted upon approval. Patients should be familiar with the coverage on procedures and deductible that they are responsible for. Please make sure to contact us of any change in address, phone number, and insurance on your account. Patients will be responsible if charges are not covered by insurance.
Non insurance Services We are happy to provide care for patients without medical insurance. Please feel free to ask us if any financial problem is a concern. We will make every effort to accommodate you, or refer you to a location that provides you with your needs. Payment will be requested at the time of visit in cash or check. Statements are sent, if no payment is made. Accounts that are of great concern will be referred to the collection agency.
Appointments/Speaking with the Doctor To make an appointment to see Dr. Dao, please call the clinic ahead of time. For new patients, the receptionists will need to know what your insurance carrier is and a brief description of the visit. We welcome calls during office hours regarding medical questions. If the doctor is with a patient, staff will relay messages and he will return your call as soon as possible. Being on time for your appointment is important, as we make every effort to be on schedule. We accept walk-ins if possible, however, they will be seen by the next available appointment. If for some reason you cannot make your appointment please let us know ahead. Our number is (808) 637-8416.